Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mission Accomplished! - 10k is in the bag

Hello Friends!
So this past Saturday I accomplished what I set out to do and I started and finish my first 10k!  I did the Big Gay 10k in San Francisco! and as you might of guessed, they did encourage to wear a costume! I went as Mexico

Me as Mexico

I went to the event with my friend Annette and her friend (my new friend ;) Melissa! we also met our co-worker April.
Middle of my 10k
So I did the run! Now I am not going to lie, it was tough! mentally and physically.  But it was extremely fun!   You can't go wrong with an event where people are genuinely fun and caring, and know how to throw a party! (BIG GAY 10K!) Was I flashy, and social like I imagine I would be? well No....but hey, I accomplished something way outside my comfort zone!

Lesson Learned: I NEED TO INVEST IN GOOD RUNNING SHOES! and only use them for running.   My regular cross trainer shoes just did not cut it. 


Lesson Learned: Need to increase my training miles, I do need to have longer runs at least 1x a week!  Which  means  I need to get up earlier...5am early.  I am not a morning person.  But I am committing to this.  So San Jose RNR - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment