Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Les Mill Pump It - Day 4!

So today is Day 4 of Les Mills Pump! and it was the "FLOW" workout.   And basically it was yoga postures.  I am not a big fan of yoga or stretching workouts...I mean I do KNOW that it is an essential part of my fitness regimen, to help my muscles stretch, rebuild, oxygenate and all that, but I get frustrated because I am not a very flexible person.  I know flexibility is something I need to work on to improve.  So one of my 2012 resolutions is to put more emphasis in that area of my fitness journey.  So I must say that I really enjoyed the FLOW workout.  It was not crazy postures, it was short at only 20min, and when I was done, I felt soooo good!

I was re-reading the Fitness Guide of the program in more detail....and its a really cool culture.  Les Mills is based on the indigenous Maori culture of New Zealand and use traditional Maori markings and sayings, which I think is really cool.  One of Les Mills Bodypump symbols is the Mangopare (hammerhead sharks) is the traditional symbol for Strength and Power and let me say, that if I ever get a  tattoo this is definitely going to be one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment