Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

I am Super Mom!

Hello my friends!!! LOOONNG TIME no write! I so apologize for my lack of communication via my blog.  Things have been hectic...more than hectic.  Its that time of year when my Accounting job really does pick up.  Its Year End.   Its forecasting time.  Its time to start thinking of 2012.  Its time to start thinking about corporate taxes.

Anyway, I was asked a question the other day...how do I do what I do?  In the past year, I've become a huge fan of Brian Tracy.  He has this particular book, that I want to master and its called Eat That Frog.  It is all common sense stuff that he advises, so why is it so hard to master? Eating my Frog is something that I still struggle with.  But in addition to Brian Tracy's excellent Advice, I am also following Chalene Johnson!  Not with the workouts...although I do Turbo Everyday, BUT  I have to have my priorities clear so that my goals and actions align.   But here its where it gets complicated.  I have priorities and goals for each aspect of my life.  I have 3 Carmen's.

1. Carmen #1 - The mom and wife:  Support  my family, be there emotionally and financially, build my kids confidence way up so that they don't have the same struggles as I do, and be the best supporting wife that I can be, respect my husband, but more than anything be a real partner to him.

2.  Carmen #2 - The Accountant - Provide excellent work in a timely manner.

3.  Carmen #3 - ME  - Be happy with myself, the way to do this is help and support as many people as I can without violating any moral ethics, have time for myself to de-stress and start each day as happy as I can be.

This is how I try to organize myself....each Carmen has about 2-3 Frogs  that she must eat to feel like she had a productive day.  I focus on one individual Frog and I don't look at the other until one is eaten...if I focus on too many frogs, my day is shot and I won't get anything done.

So needless to say my house is a mess, my front and backyard are not worth mentioning.  I've come to terms with the fact that I haven't seen a full season of any one show in over 2 years....I don't even watch a full episode of  any one show.  But this is worth it, because I have certain priorities, certain goals that I need to accomplish.  I don't TV to de-stress...I have my Turbo and Scrapbooking for that.

So there you have it...my life is busy, but not unmanageable and my ladder is against the right wall, so all the steps that I take as I go up, is taking me exactly where I want to go, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Beachbody's obsession with Personal Development ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment