Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am "X" ing it!

I decided to do my first round of p90x!  the week that I started I got sick, so I didn't really gave it my all.  I skipped all the cardio workouts.  I still wanted to workout, but didn't want to over do it.  I was sick for about a week and half and needed to really recuperate,  but now I am back on the game. 

What do I think of p90x so far?  I can tell you that I am having a hard time with the pull ups.  The pull up bar that my husband made and setup is fairly tall.  I  need to use a stool to get up there.  Then I am just hanging and can barley move up an inch.  So I am doing Tony's suggestion, which is using a chair...in my case I am using the stool that I use to get up there.  I am flexing, and trying my best to pull myself up, but felt that I wouldn't  be able to really do a pull up on my own.  Which was making go bananas! (can you tell I watch the Fresh Beat Ban? lol)  During my lunch walk with my co-worker and friend, she mentioned something that gave me perspective.  She said: Just keep working at it.  You'll eventually build the strenght to do them.  Simple advice, nothing out of the ordinary...technically I already  knew that.  BUT, having other people cheering you on is the thing you need to keep going and not getting discouraged.  That support undermines that little voice inside you that makes you believe you can't do it.  Then Voila! you have a friend, family, even strangers say cheer you on, give you support and then you suddently can do it!or at least keep at it until you do.  

Tonight I have Plyometrics.   I am pretty sure I will be able to hold my own with that workout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment