Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Do you have the Eye of The Tiger?



Do you have the Eye of Tiger? Lol...My obsession with Rocky Balboa is not a recent development because of my new path of conquering my yo-yo/weightloss issues.  I've always been drawn to these type of movies.  The 1st Rocky movie I ever saw was Rocky III...I was pretty young...about 5 or 6 years old.  I was too young to understand why I loved it, I just did.  I am not sure which movie I saw first, but I was also obssessed with the TV movie on Nadia Comaneci  but I just couldn't get enough of these two.  Everytime Nadia came on TV on channel 44 I would suspend my play time just to go watch it, and I would jump on the sofa and try to do floor gymnastics in my living room floor while watching the movie.  My love for these type of movies has just been a part of me for a very long time.  I couldn't get enough of the Karate Kid when I was growing up.  I have a lot of movies that have a similar message that I just love, like Lean on Me, Stand and Delivery...even the 90's movies like Dangerous Mind and the Last Dance.  And yes even 8 mile, although I am not an Eminen Fan! but everytime I hear the opening lyrics of the song Loose Yourself  it gives me the shivers and it just  pumps me up!  The theme of going the distance and ever giving up...well all I can say is that I just love that message!  As I read my current personal development book (Awaken the Giant) I finally understand why I am drawn to these type of movies and music.   Its about Self Mastery.  Something I've always strived to achieve even when I didn't realize it! As a young latina mom, I was one of the statistics that wouldn't graduate high school, and guess what I not only graduated but heck I even went to college.  Now I am following a new path that I've never walked before.  All of a sudden I am doing things out of my comfort zone.  Its definetly scary! I am just soaking up all these movies and yes the cheesy songs that make believe that I can do more, that I can achieve more.  As parents we tell our kids that they can dream big, that they can do anything they set their minds too...no matter how much I might tell my kids this, if I am not following my own advice it just doesn't carry the same weight.  So...are you ready to take your steps towards what you want, whatever that might be?  You might be focus on something, but if you your steps are going in another direction while your wishfully thinking on something else you won't truly feel satified.  So go for it! Don't over think and take that 1st step that might just change your quality of life. 

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?" Eminem







No comments:

Post a Comment