Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

I am back from Convention! Week August 7, 2017

Happy Monday!

It's been a week since I have been back from Covention! Here is this week's schedule:














I have been back a week after convention, and I still haven't had a chance to just sit and think about what I learned and experience, but I will try my best to summarize for you :)


Thursday 7/27/17
  • Latin Urban what can I say? this was presented by Jhon Gonzales one of my favorite Zumba Jammers, and it was great.  I loved the music.  He gave us two choreographies to bring back to class, so watch out for these:

  • Latin Alternative - This is the music of my youth! LOVED it! she gave us 2 choreographies as well, BUT in the lecture part of the class she referenced a pop band, (rockish influence) called Menudo so I HAVE TO bring this song:
I got inspired by some of the moves LOL and made it so that it makes sense for Zumba.  

The presenter also gave us a song from Aterciopelados (I need to sit and remember this one) but basically is an angry song...we dont' care for the girl LOL 




She also gave us some tunes from Locos por Juana, I have done a song from them, so their sound might be familiar


There are other songs, that I am keeping in the back of my mind, and if I can't recall them, I am pretty sure I could get inspired and bring them slowly to class :)
  • Master Class with Donna Giffen - Love her! I only get to dance with her when I am at convention so her Master Class is a Must for me. I love her dramatics.  I "think" I may have a song from her MC - I will test it out (it's from memory LOL) 


Friday 7/28/17
  • Puerto Rican Flow -  another favorite, BUT I can't remember! it's so frustrating, I just rememer enjoying the music...like if I was in an island.  But he did give us 2 choreographies, and I will try my best to remember them! *keep your fingers crossed*



  • Folk dances of India - this was a small session, but it was amazing.  I got 3 choreographies...nothing like they bollywood songs that I normally do.  More traditional, and I am hoping I can figure out the songs, and recall, because it was truly a good session and I loved it! 

  • Fitness Concert - No words to decribe it...the fitness part of it was like other years, just FUN to watch not necessarily to follow because you would be dancing on cement...BUT THEN Daddy Yankee came out and gave a full out 45min concert, I forgot I was on cement and just danced...I was choreographing on the spot! however if you ask me now, I can't remember a single step.
Saturday 7/29/17
  • Strong Master Class - With Ai Lee herself...it was awesome, I totally got my butt kicked. I got inspired to start learning new Quadrants for our class, so stay tuned!

  • Fighting Elements - Again with Ai Lee and her 2 Zj's I have choreo with the punching and kicking elements to it and I have small videos, so I should be able to bring these to you, just give me a few weeks!

  • House Experience - I think my brain was mush by this point.  I remember it was awesome, I took videos...so I am hoping I will be able to bring some to you :)

Sunday 7/30/17

  • Venenzuelan Bochinche - this was presented by the one and only Meli!!! and her Venenzuelan counterpart Rob :) Actually I took this session TWICE! I was able to catch the last hour after Folk dances of India, and then did the full class on Sunday.  This particular session really touched my heart...because of all the turmoil it was amazing to see all the Venenzuelan get together and DANCE!  and then seeing other people ( non Venenzuelan like myself) just dance along with them...it was AWEinspiring.  It showed what Dance is all about and I was just happy to be there.  



Well this was a QUICK run through of my convention experience, just so many things :) 

Let's dance together this week! I'll be seeing you ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment