Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

I did it!




Hi Friends!

I did it.  I completed my mud run, and I can honestly say I gave it my all.  There are still some things I would like to work on.  Specifically I would like to run/jog the full 5k as well as be able to propel myself on some of the obstacles.  I joined a great group who told me it was okay for me to tag along with them!  When our wave took off from the start line, we all started jogging.   Maybe about 5 to 8min we stopped, but quickly Connie (my new friend! imagine that :) and I started jogging again.  For most of the run, we did a combination of walking and jogging.  We mostly jogged on the uphills, and the low hills as they were pretty steep.  Connie was kind enough to hold my hand on the steep downhills as well as boost me up to go over the obstacles, I am grateful to her for her words of encouragement, and making me believe I could do it.  And I did.  I finished the race with a relative good face.  I will be proud to wear my shirt and know that I actually did it. Next time I would like to be in Connie's shoes and help another person like me to be able to complete the run.  My husband was there to support me as well as my kids.  My husband  got some footage of me...for that I am grateful to him.  It was nice having him and my kids there at the end of finish line.  Now,  we didn't stay for the post run BBQ...we are a shy family and my husband really doesn't like the process of meeting new people; We are however slowly opening up and truly making new friends.   I told my husband "I am addicted to this!" he gave me one of his sarcastic laughs and ask me if he should set up the back yard with a mud pitt and some walls for me to climb over...you know what?  I am going to hold him to it! LOL.

It was an awesome weekend, hopefully soon you will experience something that you've never dreamed you could...its a great feeling!

Here is some footage and pictures from my run I couldn't help myself and had to add some Survivor to the clip :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info: I thought i could do something like that but i'm never sure how write protected these things are. we'll talk.

    ReplyDelete