Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lets Zumba! Take Advantage of Groupon Deal!

My Zumba classes at Dans Di Ballo are booming! :) classes are filling up and the energy is amazing! I am thankful for the very  first ladies that took a chance and came to class and spread the word :) Marie, Redina, Francy, Rosalinda, Claudia,  Guille, Teresa, Rose, Varsha, Ramila, Issa, Norma:)

We always start with 2 warm up songs (or a 6-8 min mix) my warm up are simple, I use the basic moves most of the time, the moves feel good to my body and I can feel my temperature rising! if I am feeling it, then I  know I am transmitting that to my students!







Then we start to work!! My playlist is...eclectic, I don't favor any one rhythm over another because I really like the variety!   Merengue, Cumbia, Bhangra, Quebradita, Regetton, bachata all is good!




One of the reasons I love Zumba is that it really makes me feel like I am a different person, but I am still ME!...I KNOW Contradictory and I probably make no sense, but I am not your typical zumba instructor.  I am not a "dancer" I never took dancing lessons, the dancing lessons I took was from my grandfather at parties.  I am not outgoing and loud..I am actually a quite person, I like to sit back and listen to people stories, I don't have to be the center of attention and most of the time I really don't seek that.  But in that hour, when I am teaching, Zumba or Turbo Kick, I am the center of attention, I need to be engaging and enthusiastic to inspire my students to push and work their (excuse my language) butt off! so for that hour, I turn into my alter-ego, and become the leader of the class, become the center of attention, and I am smiling, for that hour, I don't care that I have big'ol teeth, I will smile at you and through out the class, and it makes me feel amazing, which in turn I know my students feel amazing too.  We feed from each others energy, its amazing! so come and try it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment